Jonathan H. Gardner
Mr. Gardner is a Partner with the Firm. His practice areas include corporate and securities law, commercial transactions, private placements, venture capital financing and business combinations. He represents private and public companies as their general counsel, securities compliance counsel and in connection with specific transactions. Mr. Gardner has particular experience advising public companies whose shares trade in both the U.S. and Canada.
Mr. Gardner is a member of the Board of Directors of the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (“DASNY”) where he is Chairman of the Audit Committee. DASNY provides construction, financing and associated services for public and non-profit universities, healthcare facilities and other New York State-related institutions. Founded in 1944, DASNY is one of the largest higher education, health care and public-purpose municipal bond issuers in the country.
Mr. Gardner is an adjunct professor at the University of Buffalo Law School where he teaches a course in corporate and securities law. In addition, he is a member of the Board of Directors of the Buffalo Urban League. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Michigan Street Historic Preservation Corporation which owns and operates the Nash House Museum on Nash Street in Buffalo, NY. He is also pro bono counsel to The Colored Musicians Club of Buffalo which, among other things, owns and operates a Jazz Museum in downtown Buffalo.
Mr. Gardner received a B.A. with honors from Brown University in 1981 and a J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School in 1984. Mr. Gardner is admitted to the state bars of New York and Massachusetts. He is listed in “Best Lawyers in America” and “Superlawyers.”
- B.A. with honors from Brown University in 1981
- J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School in 1984
- Board of Directors of the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (“DASNY”)
- Chairman of the Audit Committee of DASNY
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Buffalo Law School
- Board of Directors of the Buffalo Urban League
- Board of Directors of the Michigan Street Historic Preservation Corporation
- “Best Lawyers in America”