On June 4, 2018, Sue Gardner received the 2018 Gordon R. Gross Professional Advisors Award from the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo. The Award was presented at the Buffalo Club. Pictured above is Sue Gardner with Gordon Gross (blue jacket). The Award recognizes professionals who make contributions to the Western New York community as well as to the Foundation.
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to helping donors make the most of their generosity. Since 1919, the Community Foundation has managed endowment funds for individuals, families and organizations, and is currently home to over 800 named funds. For more information about the Community Foundation, follow this link:Community Foundation
A few highlights mentioned at the Award event were the following:
- Sue was the first woman to be elected as a Fellow of the American College of Trusts and Estates in Western New York.
- She was honored with the Distinguished Law Alumni Award from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- She received the University of Buffalo Outstanding Women in the Professions law award.
- She received the New York State Office of Court Administration Civil Services Award.
- She was a founder of the Western New York Women’s Foundation, its second Chairwoman, and is still on its emeritus board.
- She is a founder of the Women’s TAP Fund and is still active.
- She was a Director of the Erie County Bar Association.
- She is a co-Trustee of the Virginia Evans Devereux Charitable Fund.